I am often hired to do one time programs, an entire day of training on various topics, or monthly webinars in a series. I will work with you to provide your library the experience that is best suited to them.
I am also willing to come to our library to audit and assess your services to readers, help you improve the service you are already providing, and/or make a plan for future services.
Please click here to see a list of recent clients and programs [including the slides for these programs]. You should also feel free to contact these clients to see how they benefited from my trainings.
Here is a video about an event I did for Darien [CT] Library in February of 2015. It features me talking about what I do and a clip of me presenting.
Topics I cover:
- Various levels of RA training for professional and nonprofessional staff
- In-service day options on services to readers, general customer service, and collection development issues.
- RA for All: my popular RA basics program. It makes for a very fun in-service day opener.
- Training on serving genre readers
- Programs on a single genre, such as but not limited to:
- Crime Fiction [or just Mystery]
- Historical Fiction
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Starting and running a genre study
- Programs on re-energzing your book club both for the staff who lead the book clubs and the patrons who may be in community book clubs.
- Bridging the Physical-Virtual Divide: one of my most popular programs. Click here for a recent version of this program.