RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Master the Art of Reading: Summer Reading 2009

Like me, I bet you feel like you are seeing summer reading lists every where you go these days. Below, I have compiled lists from some major publications, but first I would like to remind everyone that your local public library has been running a summer reading program for years. We are the originators of the summer reading phenomenon.

Here at the Berwyn Public Library you can see we are calling our summer reading program: Master the Art of Reading. Along with winning prizes simply for reading, we are also offering a creative journal writing class. You do not have to be a Berwyn resident to join our reading program, so stop on by. Click here for details.

Tomorrow, I will be posting our display lists to give you some summer reading suggestions, but here are some of my favorite lists I found other places...
One of my favorite things about these lists is that, taken together, they mix new and old titles. Don't let the media make you think that you can only read the new "hot" books this summer. There are many great titles from the backlist, books you always meant to get to, but never did, and they are all available through your local public library.

No comments: