RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Popular New Book About a Prison Librarian

The hot book of the moment is Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian by Avi Steinberg.  As noted here on Early Word it is rising higher than the National Book Award nominees on Amazon and NPR had this interview with Steinberg.

After overhearing a friend talking about this book, I mentioned how I have always wanted to work in a prison library. She was shocked. I don't think she believed me, but it is true. I don't think I ever will work in one, but it has always intrigued me. I will at least read the book.

For the record, this marks the second time this year that a book about librarians is getting so much attention. I guess the larger world find us interesting.

No comments: