RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Meet Gillian Flynn at the BPL

As you saw in my last post, Gillian Flynn's new novel will be out next week.  But in the meantime, we are proud to announce that she will be visiting the Berwyn Public Library on July 11th at 7pm.  I am also honored that she will allow me to interview her.  Click here for all of her planned appearances.  Here are the details for our event which I prepared for our summer reading promotional materials:
Enter the nightmarish world of award-winning psychological suspense author and Chicago resident Gillian Flynn as she brings her unsettling stories of murderous villains, deadly deceit, and dark family secrets to life.  She will read from her brand new thriller Gone Girl, sign books, and answer questions. The Book Table will be on hand to sell copies of Flynn’s books before, during, and after the program. Sign-up for the public begins June 10th, but Summer Reading Program participants can sign-up and guarantee their seat at this event beginning June 2nd.
So here's the deal.  The event is free.  In fact, I would like to give Flynn props for the fact that she is not charging us to appear as a thanks for our support of her over the years. [She is also prominently featured in Chapter 13 of my new book.]

If you can come in person to the BPL between June 2nd and 9th and are willing to sign up for the summer reading program, we can guarantee you a seat at the event.  You do not need to live in Berwyn to join our summer reading program.  You do not even need to fill out a single reading log to come to the event.  But you may want to read three books and enter our drawing for the grand  prize of a $300 American Airlines Gift Card.

After June 9th, we will begin allowing anyone the opportunity to sign up to see Flynn.  We have a limit of 100 people, so this will be a great chance to see one of today's hottest authors in an intimate setting.

You can email the BPL RA Dream Team or call 708.795.8000 x 3005 for details

Gone Girl comes out on 6/5.  I read an ARC back in April given to me my Karin Slaughter at the PLA conference.  I will have that review 1 week from today (6/5).  I predict it to be one of the hottest books of the summer.

1 comment:

Portugal said...

I can't say much about Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl without revealing too much about the story. Suffice to say, Gone Girl is an amazing book. Like most books it has slow parts but the vast majority of the book is fast paced and enthralling. I highly recommend Gone Girl and Gillian Flynn's other books.