RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Student Annotations: Historical Fiction

I almost forgot that I have a handful more of my Spring 2008 student annotations to share. Today it is Historical Fiction and they are both bestsellers.

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan is also my BPL Book Discussion Group's selection for July. Although it is basically a love story about the relationship between Frank Lloyd Wright and his mistress, it does hold appeal for men who are interested in Wright and anyone who lives near Oak Park, Illinois (as I do).

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See is another perennial book club favorite. See's novel is an intimate story of life as a young girl in China in the time of foot binding. Again, men who are interested in the history of China and are willing to see it from a woman's perspective, could also try this one.

No comments: