People have sports on the mind, so today, I am sharing some of the lists of sports books that I have been using to help patrons.
- 16 Books Every Sports Lover Should Read from BuzzFeed Books
- Sports Illustrated’s Top 100 Sports Books of All Time
- Longreads’ selections in the sports category These are shorter pieces.
- This awesome page of sports reads on the Stony Brook University Library’s website. Great job by their library staff to provide leisure reads on a topic of interest for the University community.
- Amazon.com curated list of the 70 best sports books of all time.
- The annual edition of The Best American Sports Writing. I love this collection. It is great for everyone from super fans all the way down to those who watch a game/match once in a while. You can pick a year, or just go with the Best of the Century compilation.
- RantSports.com 20 best sports books of all time. Nice mix here.
- When The New York Times revamped their Best Seller lists online a little while back, “Sports” is a category they added. So click here and scroll down to see the current best selling nonfiction in the “sports” category at any time [the list is in alpha order]. Also, while you are there, take not of the numerous categories they have created. You can use these on a wide range of patrons.