RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Booker Short List Announced

Each year, the Booker Prize short list is hotly anticipated by literary fiction fans. The list was published yesterday. Here are the books and some commentary about it from Amazon's blog.

In my 8 years at the public service desk, I have found that the books on the Booker List are some of the most sought after novels by our literary fiction readers and book club participants. Honestly, the short list as a whole attracts more interest in our patrons than the eventual winner alone. (By the way, the winner will be announced on Oct 14).

I have found that for readers who enjoy one Booker short listed author, pulling up a list of the other Booker winners and short-listed titles makes them very happy. I do want to caution librarians here though. In my experience, this does not work as well with other major awards such as the Pulitzer or National Book Award.

No comments: