RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Public Libraies and the Economy: Part 3

I have had a few posts about how much money using your public library can save you, but now I have proof.

The North Suburban Library System (who do frequently employ me as a consultant) have posted a "Return on Investment Calculator For Library Users."

Fill in the blanks after your next library visit with the number of titles and/or DVDs you checked out and also include you Internet hours used, and this calculator will show you how much money you saved.

Also, here is a post from The Simple Dollar, a blog which has "financial talk for the rest of us." In this post, readers commented on their 25 Best Actions for Saving Money, and guess what came in first....that's right, your local library! (Thanks to my husband, an avid reader of this blog for the link)

What better reasons to use your local public library can I give you? Now come by and see us.

No comments: