RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Locus SF and Fantasy Recommended Reads

Every February, Locus Magazine, the top magazine for Science Fiction and Fantasy, comes out with their Recommended Reading List for the genres. Here is the 2008 list.

This is one of my biggest collection development tools for SF and Fantasy. I use this list to help me identify books I should be reading, authors I need to know about, and titles I should be adding to our fairly popular, but modestly sized, SF and Fantasy collection.

The Locus Recommended Reading List is so useful because it includes titles and stories appropriate for both the hardcore SF and Fantasy fan and the newcomer.

Locus Magazine also has a great awards database on their website here.

No comments: