RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Romance Reseources

I gave my talk at NSLS yesterday on "Finding Romance @ Your Library." It went over well. The best part about preparing and giving the presentation was that I was forced to really spend time with the Romance genre, research its current trends, and examine a couple dozen authors in detail.

I thought I would share with you my most reliable free, Internet resources for Romance. I do have to plug using NoveList at your library also though. The database has great articles about romance as a genre and its authors as well as lists of recommended romance books.

Here is an edited version of the resource sheet I gave to the class yesterday:

To Check “Sexy” Level: All Readers. Go to the bottom of an entry for a specific book and look under "style" for a description of what you can expect from the sex scenes


All about romance

The Literary Times

Overbooked Romance reviews, links, and booklists

Romance Novelists Association (British)

The Romance Reader

Romance Reviews Today

Romance Writers of America

Romantic Times

Romance Readers Community

Paranormal Romance


Neal Wyatt’s “Alert Collector” column In RUSQ (47, no.2). Core Collections in Genre Studies: Romance Fiction 101.” Excellent Intro to the genre

No comments: