RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Read Aloud to Children Awards

Although I work with patrons aged 16 and up, I am the mother of small children. Many of my friends ask me about good books to read aloud with their children. I usually tell them to talk to the librarians in the kids department of their public library. I go to Miss Patty all of the time asking for suggestions for my own kids.

However, today I found this link to The E.B. White Read Aloud Awards. I would suggest trying one of these nominated books, or any of the previous winners found here.

Also, here I talked about reading The Tale of Despereaux with my daughter and gave some readalike suggestions. (You'll need to scroll down to the end of the post.)

No comments: