RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Daily Beast Book Club with Aravind Adiga

Those who read this blog saw how taken I was with Aravind Adiga's The White Tiger. It is a book which has continued to stay with me weeks after finishing it. Apparently, I am not the only one.

The Daily Beast has begun a book club and Adiga's new collection of stories, Between the Assassins, is their first title.

What I find so interesting about this book club is all of the background information they are providing, including other stories and essays by the author, reviews and article about his works, and videos.

This is the first online book club I have seen that has fully embraced all the web has to offer. Most online book clubs are simply glorified chat rooms where readers, and sometimes the author, post about the book itself. Here, The Daily Beast is attempting to discuss the book while providing access to background and supplementary material simultaneously.

Now let's see what happens when they begin the actual discussion. I for one will be watching and hoping for their success.

No comments: