RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Winners!

Last week was Book Blogger Appreciation Week, and although I followed the discussion myself, I realized that I did not comment on it here.

Blogs about books and the publishing industry are a great tool for Readers' Advisors and their patrons. As I mentioned in this post, I follow many different blogs at any time, but there are many more great choices out there.

The advent of Book Blogger Appreciation Week last year not only raised awareness of the wonderful world of blogging about books, but they also give out awards in many different categories from best suthor blog, to best blog post, to most altruistic blog. There are so many more, just go see for yourself.

I was also impressed to see the bloggers ban together to pick their favorite book of 2009. This year it was The Help which I just finished listening to this weekend and also loved. Here is the link to all of the award winners this year and last year.

As book blogging grows in popularity and book blogger appreciation week gets more years under its belt, readers and librarians will have access to hundreds of well received blogs by using this portal.

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all of the participants.

No comments: