The first place I directed her to go was The Faithful Reader which is part of the Book Reporter network and is a well regarded resource for faith based books. They have this extensive list of study guides, which are basically book discussion guides for faith centered books. They are not all from a Catholic perspective, but they are proven titles to be discussed from a faith based perspective.
There are also a few books I thought of that may work with the group, but not being Catholic myself, I told her to look them over for herself before suggesting them to the group.
- Pope Joan by Diana Woolfolk Cross
- The Preservationist by Daivd Maine
- Walking the Bible by Bruce Feiler
- Anything written by Thomas Cahill
- The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew --- Three Women Search for Understanding by Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver and Priscilla Warner
On a side note, I regularly get requests from local book clubs to prepare lists of books for their groups. For those of you out there at RA desks, this is a great service to offer your patrons. Who better to compile the lists than you! Also, it is a great PR move. People love and appreciate the help so much, they will brag to their friends about how awesome you are.