How is your library using these trailers? Here are some ideas:
1. Start a book trailer blog. Just use the embed code and post 2-3 a day and you have a cute recommendation blog for books in your collection.
2. Troll publishers’ sites, author sites, author and publisher Facebook pages for trailers and link to them.
3. I am not good enough at MARC but is there a field to add a link to a trailer in the record?
4. Feature a trailer on your homepage every day/week.
5. Have teens and other users make their own trailers for books they like. (Here’s an opportunity for a contest / activity.)
6. Add more ideas in the comments.Click here for his full post including links to book trailers. Personally, I love the idea (#3) of linking the trailers to the MARC record. This would be cool and extremely useful.
If you are using book trailers successfully at your library, let me know how.