- The Daily Beast has this great Holiday Book Gift Guide. I love how each book has a heading on who it is geared toward. Such as No. 11 "For the Friend Who Still Wears Fedoras." Great list for both gift ideas and for ideas on what you should add to your own to-read lists.
- The Book Spy is watching what you are reading on the subway and blogging about it online. For the record, if you ever see me in an airport, on the beach, on a train or bus, and you are reading, I am totally spying on you too. I just don't blog about that shady part of my work. Seriously though, spying on public readers is a great way to find out what books people are actually reading, as opposed to the best seller list which only lists what they are buying.
- I really liked this list of "Books to Rekindle Your Sense of Wonder" from NPR's 3 Books series.
- The New York Times has released their 10 best books for the year. And yes, they still love Freedom.
- The UK and Ireland are proposing a "World Book Night" in March 2011. Click through to read about the project and to see a list of the books people will be reading.
- The Grammy nominees for best audiobooks were just announced.
- This week's update to the Best Books of the Year aggregated list on Largehearted Boy.
Annual Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Spotlight in Booklist - August is Horror's chance to shine in Booklist, and since I write for them, I always have a heavy hand in this issue. This issue is one of your biggest re...
2 weeks ago