RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Great Eurpoean Crime Fiction: More Than Just Nordic Noir

One of the things I most love about following  the book coverage in The Guardian UK is that it gives me the European perspective of popular reading.  I get both a different perspective on American books, but I also find out about authors I know nothing about. (The other great thing about their book coverage is how much of it their is.)

Take this article for example.  Entitled, "The 10 Best Modern European Crime Writers," it consists of pictures of 10 authors and a bit about them and their best work. 

While Nordic Noir authors like Arnaldur Indridason and Henning Mankell are there, so are Greek author Petros Markaris and French author Fred Vargas.  Who?  That's my point.  What a great way to find some new authors.

By the way, Europe is currently the best place to find the largest concentration of great crime fiction writers.  Over here across the pond, we should be paying more attention.

No comments: