- Even though I read Blogging for a Good Book every day, I keep forgetting how great it is as a resource. All they do on this blog from the Williamsburg Regional Library is write about one book each weekday, but the do it very well. BFGB is a great example of a blog sticking to its mission. You can expect a solidly written, appeal based review of one book or DVD by a different member of the library staff every day. It is fun to read, but it is also invaluable as a resource. At this point, they have an archive of so many reviews that you can use the tags to search for just about any kind of book for any reader. Try it.
- Books on the Nighstand interviewed one of my favorite authors, Ian McEwan. Use this link to head on over to their site to listen.
- The Guardian ran this great interview with Henning Mankell talking about the publication of his last Wallander novel.
- Looking for a good crime story, check out this post by J. Kingston Pierce in Kirkus Reviews listing his personal list of the top 5 most dependable crime writers. Also checkout the discussion that is going on in the comments; there are a ton of great crime fiction suggestions here.
- Rose Fox, an editor at PW, shares her personal story of developing a love for ebooks. Here is Part 1 and Part 2.
- Charles Frazier is going to have a new book this fall. First one in 5 years and only the second novel since the wonderful Cold Mountain (still one of my all-time favs). For more buzz on books that are still to come in 2011, use this link from Early Word.
- Publishers Weekly has released their 2010 year-end analysis of bestsellers. Click here to get started in exploring their numerous reports. These reports are always very interesting and useful. I make the students read and discuss them. We will be doing this at the end of April. I will post my opinions about it in more detail then.
Annual Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Spotlight in Booklist - August is Horror's chance to shine in Booklist, and since I write for them, I always have a heavy hand in this issue. This issue is one of your biggest re...
2 weeks ago