RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Author Lilian Jackson Braun Dies

The Private Life of the Cat Who ...: Tales of Koko and Yum Yum (from the Journals of James Mackintosh Qwilleran)Braun, the author of the extremely popular Cat Who... Mysteries, died at 97 over the weekend.  Click here for an obituary.

Although I was not a personal fan of these books, I have many, many patrons who adored these cozy mysteries with their adorable small town setting and sleuthing cats.  Braun is also the inspiration between one of my favorite training phrases for librarians new to ordering fiction for the BPL:  Cat + Mystery = BUY!

RIP Braun.  And thanks for making my patrons so happy over the years.

No comments: