Since the theme for summer reading at the BPL is "Novel Destinations" this year, we are focusing on the fact that every book takes you on a journey somewhere. So we say, read anything, just tell us where it took you. I will add my own "Novel Destinations" line to each of my reviews this summer too.
Kathy and I are also taking the BPL RA department out of the building and to some Novel Destinations ourselves this summer. More on the first trip later today...
But for now, here are further suggestions to set you off on a journey to a "novel destination" of your own choosing (nonfiction also encouraged):
- 10 Must Read Summer Books from Newsweek
- People Magazine's picks for summer reading via Early Word
- Speaking of Early Word...Here is the link to their Summer 2011 Archive
- NPR's Summer Reading Page (lots of lists)
- NY Times Summer Reading Issue
- RA Online's compiled lists of summer reading lists
- Omnivoracious, the Amazon.com blog, has Summer 2011 picks