RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ode to the Old Fashioned Book

With the holiday weekend about to start, I thought I would keep it light today with an ode to the printed book.

Over on Book Group Buzz, Neil Hollands took a break from writing about book clubs to talk about how books and audio books got him through a rough few days cleaning up from Hurricane Irene.  Click here to read the essay which ends with this great line:
So here’s to my old friend the book, which requires only a candle or tiny flashlight on even the darkest of nights.
I support ebooks whole heartedly, but Neil is right, there is no technology that can compete with a book.  The printed book is the perfect delivery device for reading: you don't need a power source and you can take it with you everywhere.


So as you start your holiday weekend and say goodbye to summer, grab a book to take with you.  Don't know what to book to choose.  Good thing you are here at RA for All.  Look around and see what I have been suggesting.  You can start with the tags, reading lists, book discussion books, or what I'm reading or click through to The Browsers' Corner or my Shelfari for suggestions.

No comments: