RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Discussion: What's Your Favorite Scary Movie

In honor of my Halloween celebration of 31 Days of Horror over on my other blog, the last Monday Discussion was all about your favorite scary books.  Today we are heading over to the screen.

I want to know what your favorite scary movies are.  I don't care if they are technically "horror," rather, I just want to know which movies most scare you and why

In Chapter 13: Moving Beyond the Haunted House: Whole Collection Options for Horror Readers of the new book, I suggest 10 horror movies for horror book fans, here are 5 to whet your appetite:
The Exorcist
Night of the Living Dead
The Ring
Rosemary’s Baby
The Shining
Of these, I still think The Exorcist is the best and scariest, mostly because it looks and feels so real.  Although, The Ring is a close second.

Now it is your turn.  What are your favorite scary movies?

Remember you can follow past Monday Discussions here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Pandorum and Event Horizon. They're scary but not gory. Both outer space oriented.

Mike said...

Mike BPL REF

Scariest film: The Exorcist

Horror Honor Roll:Halloween
Pitch Black
Alien
Sleepy Hollow

Unknown said...

I remember scary scenes in movies more than scary movies per se. These stand out for their very scary scenes:

* "Don't Look Now"
* "Wait Until Dark"
* "Repulsion"

Betty said...

I don't watch scary movies -- ever -- if I can help it. I'm a wuss. I admit it.