RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, October 10, 2011

YA Crossover Program Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the ARRT program on Teen-Adult crossover books that I wrote about in more detail here.

I am very excited about this program because currently finding good adult books for teens and good teen books for adults is one of my most popular questions at the RA desk.  With the popularity of books like The Hunger Games (teen) and The Book Thief (teen) with an all ages audience, and titles like The Life of Pi (adult) and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (adult) becoming young adult standards, this is a program we all need.

Not convinced? Read this personal essay from Book Riot on why this adult reader loves YA literature.

It is not too late to come. If you think you are interested, email me and I will see what I can do.  I will be there with John, the BPL Display Guru.  And those of you coming, be ready to mingle.  I am going to open the program with an ice breaker to get everyone to network a bit before we get going.

No comments: