RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Nonfiction Trends

Although I read both fiction and nonfiction, this blog has a definite fiction slant.  But hey it's my blog.

Seriously though, my goal is to showcase how the readers' advisors at your library can help you to find your next good read, no matter what that book is.

Also, like a good librarian, I know that it is not my job to know everything.  I just need to know where to find the answers to everything.  You might think that is just semantics, but let me tell you there is a huge difference there.  And that difference keeps me sane on the craziest of days.

So to help me find the answers and suggestions for my nonfiction leisure readers, I go to Citizen Reader, the nonfiction blog by author and freelance librarian, Sarah Statz Cords.

This month, Sarah has been focusing on the trends in nonfiction as she sees them in 2012.  She began by compiling and posting a spreadsheet of all of the major nonfiction titles that will be coming out in 2012.  And now she is examining the list, synthesizing what is there, and posting what she sees as the largest trends.  You can go to Citizen Reader for the spreadsheet and her commentary.  Especially in this election year, you owe it to your readers to have a handle on what is happening in the world of nonfiction leisure reading.

For more "trendy" thoughts from me, scoot on over to my horror blog to see today's post on Trends in Horror Series.

1 comment:

Citizen Reader said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Becky. I just wanted to note that the spreadsheet really covers just through August--at the time I made it, that was about as far ahead as most "previews" went! If I get a chance I'll update it more and post a new version at CR.

Keep up all the great work here! Wish I could come see you at PLA.