RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Romance Spotlight

It's February, so publishers have turned their thoughts to love.  With Valentine's Day creeping up on us, they rightfully use the holiday as a reminder of all the romance stories they have to offer.

Book Page's blog has this great post with links to their articles about what's new in the genre and a few interviews with romance publishers about what trends they are seeing in the genre.

I have not hidden the fact that when it comes to my own personal reading, I am not a huge romance fan.  In fact, click here to see my reading resolutions for 2012 where I vow to read some new romances this year.

But despite my personal feelings, I help many romance readers each and every day.  So, it is imperative that I stay up to date on Romance, its trends, and the fans' opinions.

So thanks for helping me out Book Page.

I also wanted to remind people of my favorite romance resource, Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. Specifically, I love their discussions.  Readers write in asking for reading suggestions and book titles come flying in.

In fact, this is something else I should point out.  As a general rule, romance readers LOVE to share what they are reading and give you book suggestions without prompting.  They just love talking  about books. And I love to sit back and listen to them.  I use their enthusiasm for the genre to help me to get excited about helping more romance readers find their next good read.

So embrace the glut of romance information that will be coming out in the next two weeks and use it as an excuse to get yourself up to date on all the genre has to offer its fans in 2012.  And if you haven't picked up a romance in awhile, try a newer one for yourself.

No comments: