RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

2 Year End Things to Mention

Today, Audible.com posted their list of the best audio books of the year.  Click on through to see it.

But I really wanted to talk about one of my favorite year end compilations, The Millions: A Year in Reading Project. Each year, since 2005, The Millions asks authors to write about what they read in 2012 that stuck with them.  Turning the tables on the usual year end list, "A Year in Reading" allows all of us to step back and see what the people whose books capture us, get captivated by themselves.

Click here for the 2012 archive, updated daily, all month.  The page also has a link to the completed series for every year past.

This is a great list for any reader, but it especially useful for those hard to please patrons.  Show them what the year's hottest writers were reading, and how can they turn that suggestions down?

As I have said before, I will not be posting every list here on the blog, but ones that I find interesting and especially ones that might not get mainstream attention, I will point out.  Go to RA Online for a full compilation of Best of 2012 lists.

No comments: