So like I do every year, after we have wrapped up our 2 weeks running of Monday Discussions about our favorite reads of the year that is about to end (click here and here), I end the year with a look forward to 2013.
Here are a few of the highlights I am excited for:
- Fall marks the long awaited sequel to Stephen King's The Shining, still my pick as the perfect place to start reading King. It will be titled, Dr. Sleep.
- Diane Setterfield whose debut novel, The Thirteenth Tale, is an all time favorite of mine, is due to finally have another novel sometime this fall.
- My favorite book I read last year was Karen Russell's Swamplandia!. She is due with a new short story collection entitled Vampires in the Lemon Grove in February.
- I am just excited to see what book comes out of nowhere to be the darling of the year, What will be 2013's Gone Girl? There is always at least one surprise. So I guess I am most excited to find out what the surprise hit of the year will be.
- About.com's Bestseller 2013 preview
- GoodReads Popular 2013 list. It is added to continuously by users.
- Everything Book Page tags as "2013 releases"
- Early Word's tags for Winter/Spring 2013, Summer 2013, and Fall 2013
For past Monday Discussions, click here.