RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What I'm Reading:The Best Books I Read This Year

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas holiday.  I am home with the kids until 1/7, so posts will be irregular, but as promised, I have narrowed down my list of the Top 12 for 2012.  They are not in a particular order except to say that if I had to pick 1 favorite it would be Building Stories by Chris Ware. Also, remember, I do the best book I read in 2012, the year they were published is irrelevant to this list.

The title captioned under each cover links to my lengthy review.  Enjoy. 

I still have to write reviews for 3 books that I finished this year, both of which were close to making my top 12.  I will get those up before the calendar flips over to 2013.  But for now, here is the year that was.

Building Stories
11/22/63

Gone Girl
The Art of Fielding
1Q84

A Land More Kind Than Home

Ready Player One
The Snow Child

The Orphan Master's Son

Arcadia

Canada
The Fault in Our Stars


2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Hi, Becky. This is a little off the subject but I wonder if you have any ideas: I'm bringing my church's library back to life. I want a way to label the shelves by topic, and so I can move the labels as subjects gain and lose titles. I'd also like it to be attractive and easy for me to do. (I'm not crafty!) What do you think?
Happy new year! :-)

Jeanie said...

Becky, I just wanted to let you and your readers know my new blog about my parish's library is up and ready for viewing. :-)