I have been busy getting out the newest edition of the Friends of the Berwyn Library Newsletter all day today, but now I am winding the day down by catching up on a few days backlog of RSS feeds. So that means the post today is a round-up of interesting links:
- I keep forgetting about Sarah Weinman's monthly Crime Wave column in the National Post. Here's the newest one.
- Take a look at this fun and non-tradition map of 50 Great American Love Stories. How non-traditional is it? Gone Girl is include. Awesome!
- Joyce Saricks' latest BookList column about using Technology in RA.
- LJ's Materials Survey- a must read for any public library worker.
- I was talking to a patron about the new it book, Above All Things by Tanis Rideout and looking for things for her to read while she waited for her name to come up on the holds list when I found Neal Wyatt's new RA Crossroads column on the book. I used it to help the patron and then went back to catch up on the columns I had missed recently. You should too; there are some great "outside of the box" suggestions there.