RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction Announced

Today the ALA announced the finalists for the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction.  Here is the official list:
 I am so excited for three reasons.
  1. I have read all three of these books and loved them.  Use the links to my reviews.
  2. I am so happy to see this award, now in its second year.  The ALA has made a huge impact on Children's Books by having some of the most prestigious awards in the field: The Newbery and the Caldecott, but until last year, librarians had no say in the best books for Adults.  I am glad to see such a solid list of finalists.
  3. I have a final selfish reason.  I will be at the Carnegie Medal dinner on June 30th and I will get to meet one of these fabulous authors in person.  As I said, I loved these books, so I can't lose here.  Although a have a soft place in my hear for Ford and Diaz who have set their books in NJ.
They also have 3 nonfiction finalists.  Click here for all the details.

No comments: