- With a redirect from RA Online, I saw this essay from the Boston Globe entitled, "How America Learned to Love Summer Reading."
- Having trouble finding the right summer read for you? Why not try suggestions from your favorite fictional characters courtesy of BN.com. This was a fun list.
- All the NPR Books materials for Summer 2013. Ideas here for all ages and all genres. It is a treasure trove for you and/or your patrons.
- I have been hanging on to this link for awhile now-- Amazon.com's editor pick for summer travel-- Around the World in 80 Books.
- USA Today's Summer Reading lists and links.
Back to packing up the kitchen for me. The good news is, I am "reading" the audio of Pillars of the Earth while I work. And I have to say, a huge, 1,000 page epic of medieval England, filled with war and treachery, is pairing beautifully with the dismantling, demolition, and rebuilding of my kitchen-- especially since I can listen while I work. Also, what I have to endure is NOTHING compared to the drama and horror that these characters are living through. I will have to remember this when I encounter a patron who needs something to read while in a similar situation.
I will be back tomorrow with my post on our lively BPL Book Discussion of Silver Sparrow which took place yesterday. It was a great one, even by our generally high standards.