RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

RA for All Roadshow: Up Coming Appearances

I mentioned yesterday that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but a large part is that is due to 3 upcoming appearances and my annual 31 Days of Horror Blog-a-Thon over on RA for All: Horror.  Also, today I am finishing up a brand new read alike article on Jennifer Egan for NoveList.  You should be able to access that by the end of the month on NoveList.

As I am putting the finishing touches on these 3 program appearances, I thought I would let you know where I would be and what I would be talking about in case you either wanted to join me, or you were looking to see what my newest offerings were for your 2014 planning.  And that is important because my 2013 is closed for appearances (even virtual ones).  Also, I am booked solid for March 2014 already (more on that in a few months).

So if you are interested in having me come to your library, conference or training, either in person or virtually, please contact me for February, April, May and/or June 2014 by November 1.  I do not present in July and August in order to spend more time with my kids over the summer.

Now back to my up coming appearances.

First, in the coming weeks I will be writing a lot about the Berwyn Reads selection and programming this fall.  We pick one book for the entire community to read every other year.  This year it is Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Click here for my full and glowing review of this novel.  Mr. Cline has agreed to let me interview him on Skype at no cost to us in October.  Currently, we are working on the interview date but I do know the interview will feature questions from the students at the local high school who are reading the book right now in class.  We have Mr. Cline's permission to film the interview. I will post it here, and the high school students will all have a chance to gather together to watch it.  While the interview is my only "appearance" for this event, I will be busy most of the Fall, along with the rest of the BPL RA staff, hosting programming, book discussions, and an all ages 80s themed prom to close the Berwyn Reads program. The festivities begin October 1. I will be posting out awesome promotional materials here soon. I just saw the proofs yesterday and they are GREAT.

Second, as I mentioned here, I will be interviewing Luis Alberto Urrea for the Fox Valley reads program.  I have already talked about this, so please refer to this post for details and to sign up.

It is important to note that for both community read events, you do NOT need to be a resident of the community to participate in any of the programming.

Finally, I have just finalized the details of my scheduled in person my appearance at the Southeastern Pennsylvania Library Association Annual Meeting on November 12.  They contacted me last spring with an interest in making readers advisory the focus of their meeting. I will be presenting the keynote to the meeting in the morning where they have requested a 2.5 hour version of my Bridging the Physical-Virtual Divide talk.  This will be a great opportunity for me to develop a more detailed talk on this topic.  I will also be doing an afternoon breakout session with a streamlined version of my 10 Rules of Basic RA Service.

I hope to see some of you at these events in the coming weeks. And if you cannot make it, I will have materials and information about all of these appearances available to everyone here on RA for All.

Now back to Jennifer Egan for me.

No comments: