RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Alice Munro Wins the Nobel Prize

I woke up ready to be angry if Haruki Murakami did NOT win the Nobel Prize in Literature. [I have a complex reason besides loving him for why he needs to win, but I will save that for when he actually wins some day.]

Instead, I find out it is Canadian short story master Alice Munro who won, and I literally gasped.  I cannot be upset.  She is amazing.

For the first time in many years, the Nobel people got one right.  Instead of an obscure writer without much influence, they picked one of the greatest short story writers ever.

Well played.

No comments: