RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Why Libraries Deserve to be Hip

That is the title of this essay by Mary Elizabeth Williams.

Ms. Williams, like all of us, knows how hip the library is, but she is doing a much better job of sharing this information with the rest of the world than we are.

I constantly get weird looks when people find out I am a librarian.  I get a lot of, “But you are so nice and talkative. How can you be a librarian?”

It’s very frustrating.  But people think I am just an abnormality.  I’m not.  More of us are hip than not these days.  So thanks Ms. Williams.

Keep being your hip selves and have a nice weekend.

No comments: