RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Issue of The Corner Shelf and Booking Me for Intro Training

Click through right now to read the entire issue.

There are a lot of useful articles this time, but I particularly like Rebecca's "Read Like a Patron" suggestions. They are very inspiring and a great training tool for any and all library staff who work with leisure readers.

Seriously, if you don't think you have time for RA training for you or your staff, click here, print it out and have everyone on staff try it. These RLAP suggestions are super easy to do but will really improve how you help patrons.

Speaking of inspiring training, I am currently booking my training sessions for Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 and spots are filling up. One of my most popular classes is my RA for All, introduction to RA Services for all Library Staff.  It works great as a 90-120 minute in-service. I mix inspirational pep talk, teaching usable skills, and interactive activities in this high energy program.

I base the program off of my 10 Rules of Basic RA Service which you can always find here. But basically, if you enjoy the blog, you will love the program.

It is a great program to unite staff as they serve patrons. Even the crabbiest old timer who is sick of helping people will come out of this program rejuvenated. I can guar

I can do this in person or over Skype (to keep your costs down if you are more than a 3 hour drive from Chicago). Let me know by contacting me at bspratford[at]hotmail[dot]com

No comments: