RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Training With Maine Today

This morning, I will be running another training for the Maine Regional Library System.

This month it is a fully updated and revamped version of my popular Bridging the Physical Virtual Divide program:

Promoting books in the virtual world is a tricky proposition. On the one hand, you want to exploit tools like blogs, wikis, and the ever expanding collection of social media options to reach more readers, but on the other hand, you do not want to forget about your core brick and mortar customers. Readers' Advisory expert, Becky Spratford is here to help. Using examples from her library and others, Becky will share her tricks and tips for navigating this key service issue without sacrificing your core services. Although she will not recommend or evaluate specific social media platforms, Becky will leave you with an overall philosophy and key strategies that can be easily implemented at your library across a variety of digital platforms.

Click here for the slides.

This program has A TON of links to other libraries.  While you don't get the full effect without me presenting the details, this presentation is extremely useful on its own. I encourage you to take a look.

Also, don't forget that I can train your staff or large groups of librarians virtually as I am doing with Maine. I currently have openings in January, March and May of 2015.  February and April are already closed [and May is filling up quickly]. Feel free to contact me for details and pricing.

Next month, I will be unveiling a brand new program for Maine, Taking It To the Streets: Successful Adult Programming Outside of the Library

No comments: