Since I am a horror maven [in my spare time], I figured this would be a great time to remind you that I have another blog which is all about horror books. So if you are looking for something scary to match the day for you or your patrons, click here and explore.
Since it is Women in Horror Month, there is even a new post up today too.
But since we get to do this twice in 28 days, I thought I would give you a few other fun options to share with your patrons.
- From Network World: I love this list of geeky ways to celebrate Friday the 13th.
- In International Business Times I found this article with trivia about the day.
- Here is an article about the History of Friday the 13th from 2009 in Time.
- Interestingly, The Huffington Post has an entire archive of articles about Friday the 13th.
- And for the more scholarly among you, National Geographic has weighed in here.
I will leave you with this thought for those of you who have to work the public desk today [I am off to chaperone a 7th grade field trip which may be even scarier]-- please remind yourself of the date as the kooky patrons come in, one after another, that at least for today, we can blame their behavior on the date.