RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Regional RA Training @ Darien [CT] Library

Yesterday I spent the day talking to the staff and patrons of the Darien Public Library.  Today, I am welcoming Reader's Advisors from all over the area.

We are going to be doing two programs this morning.

The first, from 9:30-10:30 will be on Bridging the Physical Virtual Divide, a topic I write about frequently.

Then, after a short break, I will be presenting a BRAND NEW program from 10:45-Noon called Genre Study Success! [Yes with an exclamation point]. Here I will walk the group through the process of planning and conducting a genre study, a journey they are interested in taking together.

For those who attend AND for anyone else reading this, the slides for these presentations, as well as all of my recent presentations, can be accessed here.

In fact, on Tuesday, I will have another BRAND NEW program debuting for Maine State Library-- Booktalking-- Harnessing the Power of Sharing Books with Readers which will also include a new horror booktalk to prep you for my favorite unofficial holiday, Halfway to Halloween, [coming in April].

Thanks to everyone who came to the Darien Public Library over the last 2 days. I have had a great time working with you. But mostly,  I am excited for your leisure readers. You are all striving to serve them better and I am proud to play a small part in it all.

No comments: