RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

First Ever RA for All Ad

Deciding to go into business for yourself is scary enough, and then you realize there are a million things you need to do that have nothing to do with being a librarian-- and I don’t just mean the book keeping [which I knew about going in and am getting better at every day].

For example, last year I started the process toward branding RA for All by hiring a friend who is a graphic designer to make me a logo.

Then in July, I signed on to be a silver sponsor for the Illinois Library Association Conference.

The sponsorship required I submit an ad in the Fall.  "How hard could that be?" I thought at the time. I have a logo; I can make this happen. Well, then the email about how to submit an ad came and I felt like I was reading a foreign language.

Thankfully, I had a relationship with a graphic designer and could again hire her to help me.

Notice I said “hire.” I am expecting all of you out there to pay me for my expertise, the least I can do is pay someone else for theirs.

So I now have a concise advertisement for the basic services I provide. I am posting it below today but you can always find it on the About page [accessible by clicking on the RA for All logo on the top right of every page of the blog.

Print the ad out and show it to the people who plan your trainings and inservice days. I really want to get out there and help improve library based leisure reading services for every public library patron. A lofty goal I know, but one with good job security.

Please contact me if you have questions about how I can help you, your library, or your library system.


No comments: