RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

RA for All Roadshow: Bridging the Physical Virtual Divide

This morning I will be appearing [via Skype] as part of the Fall meeting of The Adult Services Committee of The Library Network, a library networking group comprised of public library workers in Southeastern Michigan.

As a member of the Steering Committee for a networking group myself, I am so happy to be able to work with them. I truly understand both how hard they work and how helpful the services and program they provide are.

They have a really nice program scheduled for their cooperative today, using their limited time together to present programs in multiple areas of Adult Services.  I am proud to be a part of it all, but a little sad that I am not there in person to get the training from the other presenters.

But kudos to them for working together to improve library service for their patrons by taking the time to train staff.

They have asked me to present my popular Bridging the Physical Virtual Divide talk [now with updates].

As a reminder to those who are not attending but  still clicking through to the slides [and you should because this presentation is VERY link heavy], the point of this talk is to show library workers how they can take their in-library RA skills and translate them to an online product.  However, I do not give a tutorial on how to use each service.  This presentation is more of a pep talk-- a "You Can Do It" nudge-- to kick start your service.  It is also a great way for managers to identify staff who may be able to contribute in a new, more energetic way, to services for leisure readers.

I think The Library Network is the perfect audience for this kind of training.  I can't wait to see you all in a bit and get started.

Here are the slides for everyone.  And if you want me to give a pep talk or training to your staff, let me know.  Fall is just about closed [only local and virtual appearances available right now] but 2016 is only just starting to be booked.  Click here to get in touch with me.

Click here for slides

No comments: