RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

NEW RESOURCE!!! Loan Stars-- The Canadian Library Reads

So one of the things I love to do is scan the internet to see what other libraries are doing to help their leisure readers. Yes I know that sounds creepy, but here me out. I do it for two reasons. One, because it is my job to help you to stay as aware and up to date as possible when it comes to RA Service, so I do the creepy work for you. And two, because I just love learning from other people’s good ideas.

Well, in one of my recent forays lurking around the RA centric web, I found Loan Stars which for lack of a better way to describe it is the Canadian version of Library Reads.

From their site:
It has only been going for a few months, and some of it is similar to our American Library Reads. But there are many differences too.

This is a great way to discover new books and authors that our neighbors to the North really enjoy that we may not even know about. For example, the list highlights Canadian authors with a flag next to their names. These are books we can get in America, but that we may not know about. I already found a few interesting titles I am going to look into on the current September list. Click here for more on one in particular.

This is a fantastic resource for us to use on our voracious and/or picky readers who want to read all the hot new books. And soon, there will be a significant back list to mine for more ideas.

And don’t forget, just like Library Reads, Lone Stars has built in book talks for each title that you can use to hand sell the title to patrons.

Okay, not back to snooping on everyone [not so surreptitiously anymore].

No comments: