RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, August 1, 2016

RA for All Guest Post: Stephanie Anderson on Readers’ Advisory

For the final day of my break I asked Stephanie Anderson, a 2016 Library Journal Mover and Shaker and the Assistant Director for Public Services at the Darien [CT] Library, to share some of the research she did as part of her MLIS graduation requirement last year.

From Stephanie:
To fill my MLIS graduation requirement, I undertook an independent study of readers’ advisory education, specifically focusing on the US and public libraries. You can read 800 words summarizing it in this recent Library Journal Backtalk piece, if you don't want to read the rest of this section. Or! I've separated some of the most helpful work I found into two sets of resources that may be of interest to RA practitioners.
So click here to read more of what Stephanie has to say on the topic of “What is readers’ advisory and whys it so important?

This concludes guest postapolooza. Thanks for reading along. I will be back tomorrow with a new RA for All post from me.

No comments: