RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, August 8, 2016

RA for All Roadshow Visits Western Maryland Regional Library

I spent Sunday flying from Chicago to Pittsburgh, and then taking a absolutely stunning drive to Frostburg Maryland. I went up a down a few mountains, drove through a small sliver of West Virginia and into Western Maryland.

And now it is bright and early Monday morning and I am psyched to be here to run some staff RA training for Western Maryland Regional Library.

I will be presenting a 4 hour program, 3x over 2 days at the Frostburg branch of the Allegany County Library System on 8/8 [all day] and the Westernport branch of the Allegany County Library System on 8/9 [AM only].

Here is what we will be doing and the slide access.
  • Demystifying Genre: How To Help Every Type of Reader
  • Booktalking: Harnessing the Power of Sharing Books with Patrons SLIDES
  • RA Rethink: Using Next Level Data to Improve Merchandising SLIDES
This program is the perfect example of how I can work with you and your library to build a training that works for your staff and their needs. In this case, Western Maryland Regional Library contacted me just knowing they wanted RA training. Together we figured out the type of programs, the length, and the number of times/places it should happen.

I am excited to see you all and turn you into RA superstars.

And finally, a quick programming note, there WILL be a brand new Call to Action tomorrow morning, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

ilefkowitz said...

I love the ideas of harnessing and promoting your RA staff but what if you are the RA Staff? How can you go about that without it looking like shameless self promotion?

Becky said...

Great question. The purpose of the entire day of training is to get everyone who works at the library-at every level- involved in RA in some way. Feel free to email me (click on the logo) so I can explain more.