RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Who's Doing Video Book Talks?

Today I have question that pertains to a few future projects I am working on. I cannot reveal the details yet, but I want to begin by identifying who out there is doing video book talks for their library.

If you recall, last month I featured Sonia and her You Tube book talks. I have also been giving my program on book talking to many libraries over the last few months, with even more coming up soon. Every time I give this talk, people come up to me to let me know what they are doing or planning to do with regards to book talks. It is an old skill that is getting hot again.

I need to start formally compiling a list of all of the great things happening all over the country in our libraries-- big and small. I love that I get to hear about these things because I travel to you. But, I also need to be more proactive in formally sharing this information with a wider audience. That is why I have this blog, to help all of you help your leisure readers better.

I am beginning by reaching out to those of you recording book talks [audio or video] because as I mentioned above, I have a larger project in mind for this information. But at the very least, I want to know who you all are so we can get some more examples up here on the blog.

Please contact me via email [info here] and put Book Talk in the subject heading.

No comments: