RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Back from Spring Break with Me in Public Libraries Online

Remember before I went away for Spring Break with the family and I said that when I got back that there would be a lot going on? Well I wasn’t lying.

In just the next month or so I have many things that have been in the works for months all finally coming to fruition. So let’s just get started right now.

Back in December I had the pleasure of working with Faith Brautigam, the Director of the Kokomo-Howard County [IN] Public Library when she hired me to run their library’s in service day.

Faith is also a regular contributor to Public Libraries Online and when she asked me to do an interview abut RA service with her, of course I said yes. Faith is committed to including her entire staff in service to their community’s readers, and I am not kidding about the entire staff. There were security, IT, and custodial staff at my training, and I am not exaggerating when I tell you some of them were among the best participants. Saying yes to Faith was a no brainer.

Click here for the first part of what will be a two part piece. I have to give a lot of credit to Faith here. I do a lot of these interviews and her questions were some of the best I have ever had. It is the main reason why we had to break it up into two parts.

While you are reading, I will be working on a piece that will be part of the cover story for the 5/1/17 issue of Library Journal and preparing for a trip to Cedar Rapids [IA] Public Library among about 7 other things happening here on RA for All between now and early May. And that is without considering all of the special content that will be focused around StokerCon [I will have the full details on that later this month].

Hold on to your books, we are going to have a crazy month and you all get to be along for the ride.

Click here for the full article

No comments: