RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Speculative Fiction Genre Study Update

Later today is the next meeting of the ARRT Speculative Fiction Genre Study. Due to an after school event for my kid [and to the fault of traffic between Glenview and my house], I will be missing out. But, as I always say here on the blog, no matter where you live, ARRT allows you to still follow along and participate. We have everything, from past assignments to the detailed notes from every meeting, posted here for all to view.
Reminder: we would love for you to use our assignments and notes, in full or part, to guide your own genre study, but please do credit us as your source. That is all we ask. 
And here [and below] is the assignment the group will be discussing later today.
Doorway: LanguageApril 6, 2017, 2-4 PMGlenview Public Library 
Featured resource: Peruse the website of the Gunn Center for the Study of Science Fiction. 
Assignment:1) Read a book from two different authors from the list below (two books total). Preferably, both authors will be new to you:Nick HarkawayJo WaltonJasper FfordePatricia McKillipLord DunsayGene WolfeSamuel DelaneyTananarive Due 
2) As you read, think about the genre/subgenre of the book and additional appeal factors for the book besides language.
I can't wait to read the notes to see what I missed. I will post them on the blog, along with the next assignment when they are ready. However, you do not have to wait for me. The Speculative Fiction Genre Study page is open for your clicks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

No comments: