RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Barbara Hoffert’s PLA 2018 Adult Galley Roundup

I will not be at PLA from March 20-24 because I leave on a big trip with my family on 3/25 [I will be at ALA in June though]. This is often a problem for me as I would love to attend every PLA, but I only have a few years left when my kids are on the same Spring Break schedule and we can easily use that time to be together, just the four of us. Soon though, they will be in college and you will all be sick of me showing up at every conference.

However, I know I am not alone. Many of us, for a wide variety of reasons want to be in Philly for PLA, but cannot be there. One of the best things about PLA is learning about all of the upcoming new books because everything being promoted at the entire conference is only for us....the public library worker.

Thankfully, Barbara Hoffert, from Library Journal, is helping everyone on that front, whether we can make it there or not with this roundup of the hottest adult titles being promoted at the conference.

Now, if you are not there in person, you can’t use her guide to grab physical copies of these titles, but you can go on over to Edelweiss or NetGalley and grab an eARC for many of them. Here is how courtesy of LibraryReads.

Also, last year, I wrote this post on how to make lists of upcoming titles start working for you immediately, even if the books aren’t out for months, even if you don’t have a copy at all. Read my post first and then look at the Galley Guide. Then be prepared to be busy.

Don’t underestimate how good a resource this Galley Guide is for those of us at home.

Finally, if anyone out there goes to a really great program at PLA and wants to write up a summary for me, let me know. I am always looking for reports on great programs that can help my readers improve their skills.

No comments: