RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, May 18, 2018

Get in the Mood for Romance with The Corner Shelf

Many of you and your patrons will be getting up at the crack of dawn to participate in the Royal Wedding [I will be sleeping]. Romance is in the air and Susan Maguire has you covered with many useful and fun links in the latest issue of The Corner Shelf from Booklist.


There is an interview with Rebekah Weatherspoon about her romance website-- WOCInRomance.com. I love this resource because it is one of the only romance resources that breaks out the different tropes the way readers look for them, plus everything is diverse!

This issue also includes the video from an excellent live event about helping patrons find romance titles and a historical romance list without a single Duke.

Finally,  Susan mentions the ALA Annual Read N Rave panel which I can now announce that I will be a part of for the second year in a row! If you are in NOLA come see me on 6/25 at 10:30 am raving about what I have read.

Below is the intro from the newsletter with all the deals and links. Click here to see the entire newsletter.
In this issue, we've got an interview with Rebekah Weatherspoon, romance writer and founder of WOCInRomance.com, which will become your next collection-development and readers'-advisory obsession. Then I made a list of the top 10 historical romances that aren't about, like, dukes and stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with dukes! (Happy wedding, Harry and Meghan! Call me!) And, yes, I also share the video of our live RA Conversation about romance and diversity, called "Everybody Say Love: Helping All Patrons Find HEA." 
And that's it! What are you guys reading? What are your patrons reading? Do you do summer-reading programs for adults or just for kids? Drop me a line at smaguire@ala.org, and let me know! 
And if you're going to ALA, come to our Read 'n' Rave on Monday at 10:30. We'll be readin' and ravin'. 
Yours fondly,Susan Maguire, Senior Editor, Collection Development and Library Outreach, Booklist 

No comments: