RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Booklist Webinar Catch Up

This week I am writing an afterword to a book and planning a webinar [more on this specifically on Thursday]. While I am working on my laptop, I am using the desktop to catch up on the webinars I have missed. Since I think they are important enough for me to watch, I figured I should probably also pass them on to you.

But I should warn you, I am pretty far behind. I don’t want to overwhelm you, however, I do have a lot of being in front of my computer time this week and my goal is to get through everything by Friday.

And that’s good advice by the way. When you get behind on webinars, don’t simply get overwhelmed and never watch them. Rather, gather them up in one place [as I have just done for you], and slowly make your way through them as you have time.  I have been known to cook dinner with a webinar running on my laptop. Hey, whatever it takes.

These are the Booklist Online webinars I have to catch up on [full archive is here]. I also know there is 1 live event [all archived here] and an audiobooks webinar that are not not posted yet, but once I catch up on these I can circle back and find more. They are always useful, never too long, and constantly happening, so you can always learn something new.

Let Data Do the Talking (August 9, 2018) When your library has accurate, up-to-date data about who is and isn’t using your library, there’s no limit to the insights you can gather and actions you can take. Join us, and Booklist, on August 9 at 2 p.m. (EST) for a free webinar where panelists will discuss how they have taken actionable steps to target new populations, create new programs, advance their value to the community, allocate resources more efficiently, and measure the results. Whether strategic or day-to-day, Analytics On Demand can help you make more informed decisions and increase ROI by blending demographics with existing data from your library’s ILS and other electronic systems. Start letting data do the talking, and register today for this free 60-minute webcast at 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, August 9.
Adult Books on the Horizon: Fall and Winter Announcements (August 7, 2018) Be ready for readers seeking the best of new adult titles as autumn slips in and winter coziness beckons by learning about enticing and varied forthcoming books from Macmillan, Workman, Triumph, HarperCollins, and Inkshares.  Moderated by Adult Books editor Donna Seaman.
Summer Book Club Bash (July 31, 2018) No time like the summer for planning your fall book clubs—and for starting to think about your own next unputdownable read! Do both when you attend this free, hour-long webinar. Here, representatives from Bloomsbury Publishing, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House Adult, Sourcebooks, and W. W. Norton & Company will showcase forthcoming adult titles destined for book group super-stardom. Donna Seaman, adult books editor, Booklist, will moderate.
Exploring New Horizons in SF/Fantasy and Horror (July 17, 2018) Discover what’s hot in sf/fantasy and horror, where fiction is still stranger than the truth. In this free, one-hour webinar, representatives from John Joseph Adams Books (an imprint of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) and Skyhorse Publishing will present fall and winter 2018 titles, perfect for ages 14 through adult. In addition, Booklist’s Susan Maguire will talk to horror author (and Booklist Books for Youth Editor) Daniel Kraus about crossover horror that scares both teens and adults, and to debut science fiction author Abbey Mei Otis (Alien Virus Love Disaster, out in August) about trends in the genre.
Small-Press Speed-Dating Extravaganza! (July 10, 2018) Meet the small press of your dreams during this scintillating hour of succinct presentations by eight exciting indie presses in the U.S., UK, and Canada. Donna Seaman, Booklist’s editor for Adult Books and a big fan of small-press books, will run the show. Here’s the line-up: Dundurn, ECW, F+W, Flame Tree Press, Hippocrene, KiCam, Nimbus, and Plough. Join us and learn about forthcoming titles from dynamic small presses that will bring rich variety and fresh energy to your collections.

No comments: