RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Best Book Covers of 2018 via BookRiot and a Reminder to Judge Books By Their Covers

This week Book Riot released their list of the best book cover of 2018. There are many RA opportunities in this piece as each cover was picked by a different contributor and includes a statement as to why that person chose it. The annotations are awesome and enhance the list both as a resource for me, the library worker and me, the reader.

This is a different kind of best list and is a nice break from the sameness of the daily onslaught of best lists we are getting every day.

 It is also a great one best list to use to help readers. How? Well I have a post about that. Back in 2017 I outlined why you need to judge a book by its cover and how to use it to help patrons.

Pair the two together and you will have a great resource.

Also it is fun. I judge books by their covers all of the time and every time it makes me giggle, like I am doing something wrong. Every time I match a book with a reader this way it makes me smile. Give it a try yourself.

Click here for theBookRiot post

No comments: